Tips For Encouraging Children To Wash Their Hands
With many countries around the world taking action to reduce the spread of Coronavirus, we thought we would provide some tips on how to encourage our little ones to wash their hands more often.
Some useful tips to follow:
- Explain how washing our hands removes invisible germs that can make us sick.
- Ensure little ones can easily reach taps, invest in a foot stool.
- Make sure they can reach soap easily.
- Buy bright coloured hand wash or playful soap to add an element of fun to it!
- Encourage children to wash their hands for 20 seconds by singing a nursery rhyme (such as Mary Had a Little Lamb) at the same time.
- Wash your own hands in front of your children.
Here's an important image with some official guidance on how we should all be washing our hands...